If you want to start a website or have a job in this field, you should know about SEO. So, the question is What is SEO?
SEO is search engine optimization.
Search engine optimization is the process of showing websites on search engines. Web pages for search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex, etc. are displayed by search engine optimization. If there is no proper SEO, the web page will not appear in search engines. Every website needs to have a perfect SEO to rank their websites or web pages in search engines.
How a website or a web page rank above a certain keyword in search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex is entirely up to SEO.
So, SEO used to optimize websites or web pages.
There are two types of SEO that every website owner should do to rank their website or web pages in search engines: 1) On-page SEO, 2) Off-page SEO.
There are two types of SEO strategies: 1) White Hat SEO, 2) Black Hat SEO.
As we all know, SEO helps a website or web page to be visible in the No.1 rank among search engines. This SEO can be done by two different types.
There are two different types of SEO that every website owner should do to rank their websites or web pages in search engines,
1) On-page SEO:
This means optimizing websites, web pages or content with HTML coding. If you are using WordPress, you can use the Yoast SEO plugin to do the job. However, for Blogger you need some HTML coding or CSS knowledge. On-page SEO includes,
- Meta Title: This is the title of the page or post you want to rank or you want them to be visible on search engines. The title should be between 50-65 characters.
- Meta Description: This is an overview of your post. The description must be between 150 characters.
- Meta Keywords: A keyword is the main thing on your website, on which you want your web page to appear in search engine results. Each web page or website must have keywords in it. Without keywords, the web page cannot be shown Organically to search engines.
- Heading Tags: Each web page should have tags H1, H2, H2, H4, H5, H6. H1, H2, H3 are the must-have. It shows the Title or Heading of the article that you want to rank in search engines. Heading tags must include keywords.
- Permalink: Permalink is an important part of SEO. Permalink is the URL of a post or article that we see in our browser search bar whenever we read an article from a website. The permalink contains the article title and keywords.
- Image Optimization: If you use an optimized image on your website or web page, it can increase the speed of loading and speed is needed to rank in search engines. Always use the correct format for your images. Use PNG format for created images like Logo, Screenshots, Designs, etc. and JPEG for Photographies.
- Theme or UI of the Template: Always use user-friendly, lightweight themes or templates for your websites. This can improve your website’s loading speed and attract more visitors to your website.
- Use of Google Webmaster Tool: Google Webmaster Tool is used to crawl the website, check the index status, links in your site, Mobile friendly pages, any types of errors, etc. You have to submit your website to the Google Webmaster Tool before use.
- Robots.txt File: This is the type of file that tells crawlers which page is going to index in search engines and which is not. If you are using Blogger, many robots.txt generators are there that can create a robots.txt file on your website. If you are a WordPress user, you can use the Yeast SEO plugin to do this.
- Sitemap: It is the mapping of your website. Every website should have a sitemap. It is the type of language which can be read by the algorithm of the search engines. You can generate the sitemap from any sitemap generator for Blogger. You can use the Yoast SEO plugin to generate the sitemap for WordPress.
2) Off-page SEO:
These means optimizing websites by Link Building and sharing. Off-Page SEO includes:
- Directory Submission: Directory Submission is one of the best ways to generate traffic on the website. By submitting your blog posts to the popular business directories, you can do it. This will help to get the Backlinks.
- Article Sharing: By sharing the articles with the popular platforms you can generate traffic and create backlinks. You can use websites like Quora, Reddit, Medium, Stack Exchange, Pinterest, etc. to share your blog post or articles.
- Commenting: By commenting on other articles you can leave your article URL in the comment section. It can generate traffic on your website and you can also get the backlinks from their website. Remember that your niche must relevance to the blog where you commenting. Otherwise, it will appear in the Black Hat SEO.
- Uses of Social Networking Sites: You can share your article on social media. Nowadays the power of social media is unbelievable. So, if you share your article on social media it can generate a huge amount of traffic.
There are two types of SEO strategies, one is White Hat SEO and the other is Black Hat SEO.
1) White Hat SEO:
This is a type of SEO technique that use to rank web pages in search engines. White Hat SEO technique always follows the rules, regulations and the policies of the search engines. White Hat SEO techniques include On-page & Off-page SEO. That means proper use of Keywords, Meta Tags, Building Links, etc. on your website.
2) Black Hat SEO:
It is the opposite of White Hat SEO. It means Black Hat SEO techniques do not follow the policies of the search engines. Some use the Black Hat SEO techniques to rank web pages in search engines. Black Hat SEO techniques include Keyword Stuffing, Hidden Text, Doorway, etc.
If any search engines can spot any of the Black Hat SEO techniques used in any website, they will penalize the site. So, it is better to avoid such Black Hat SEO techniques to rank in the search engines.