Search Engine Optimization- SEO Techniques
1) On Page SEO:
As we all know, optimizing the websites or web pages to visible in no.1 rank on search engines is known as Search Engine Optimization. This SEO can be done by two different types.
The two different types of SEO that should be done by every website owners to rank their websites or web pages in search engines are, It means optimizing the website or web page by the Content and HTML coding. On Page SEO includes,
- Meta Tags: Meta Tags is the most important thing in the ranking of a website or a web page. Meta Tags includes Meta Title, Meta Description, and Meta Keywords.
- Meta-Title: It is the Title of the page which you want to rank or you want to visible in search engine. The Title should be between 50-65 characters.
- Meta-Description: It is a short description of your web page. The Description will be between 150 characters.
- Meta-Keywords: Keyword is the main topic of your web page, on which you want to show your web page in the search engine result. Every web pages or websites must have the keywords. Without Keywords, the web page can not be shown in the search engines by the Organic way.
- Heading Tags: Every web pages should have H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6 tags. H1, H2, H3 are the must-have. It shows the heading of the page or the article that you want to rank in search engines.
- Permalink: Permalink is an important part of SEO. Permalink is the URL of the post or the article which we can see in our browser search bar whenever we read an article from any website. Permalink includes the Title of the article.
- Image Optimization: If you use an optimized image in your website or web page, it can increase the speed of loading and speed is needed to rank in search engines. Always use the JEPG type of image.
- UI of the Template or Theme: Always use user-friendly Themes or Templates for your websites. So it can attract more people to visit your site for the simple UI and it will also increase the speed loading.
- Use of Google Webmasters Tool: Google Webmasters Tool is used to crawl the website, check the index status, links in your site, etc. You have to submit your website to the Google Webmasters Tool before use.
- Robots.txt: It is the type of file which tells the crawlers that which page is going to index in search engines and which is not. There are lots of robots.txt generator from where you can generate the robots.txt file of your website.
- XML Sitemap: It is the mapping of your website. Every website should have the sitemap. It is the type of language which can be read by the algorithm of the search engines.
2) Off Page SEO:
- Directory Submission: Directory Submission is one of the best ways to generate traffic on websites. By submitting your blog to the popular business directories you can do it. This will help to get the Backlinks.
- Article Sharing: By sharing the articles to the popular platforms you can generate traffic and create backlinks.
- Commenting: By commenting on other articles you can leave your article URL in the comment. It can generate traffic on your website and you can also get the backlinks.
- Uses of Social Networking Sites: You can share your article on social media. Nowadays the power of social media is unbelievable. so if you share your article on social media it can generate a huge amount of traffic.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO Types
There are also two types of SEO techniques, one is White Hat SEO and another is Black Hat SEO.
1) White Hat SEO:
White Hat SEO techniques include proper use of Keywords, Building Links to rank and populates the web page, etc.
2) Black Hat SEO:
Black Hat SEO techniques include Keyword Stuffing, Hidden Text, Doorway, etc.
If any search engines can spot any of the Black Hat SEO techniques used in any web pages, they will penalize the site. So it is better to avoid such Black Hat SEO techniques to rank in search engines.